For those of you currently unaware, earlier this week Ohio State Representative Matthew Barrett inadvertently displayed a photo of a topless woman to the high school civics class to which he was delivering a presentation. It appears as though the memory stick that held his presentation materials also held a directory of porn. Barrett, of course, had no idea where the images came from as the USB drive in questions “was a gift.”
Lesson learned: never keep your work files and your spank bank in the same place.
- Drycleaning and/or animal husbandry: Don’t forget to tune in to ShoutCast tonight to hear from Shael Riley and Glenn Case. Start-time info and a direct link to the ‘cast can be found at The Grammar Club site. And, on a related note, it appears as though I was totally right concerning the band’s focus.
- Mega remix: DON VITO took advantage of those Mega Ran acapellas that were floating around by making his own remix of the track “Robot City.” Check it out and let DV know what you think.
- Where no man has gone before: The International Astronomic Union has elected to rename asteroid "1994 GT9" to 7307 Takei in honor of Hikaru Sulu. Please keep your gay jokes to yourself.
- Sweet home Chicago: Matt reports that the Wrock world is all aflutter over the news that 24 Wizard Rock bands have announced their involvement in Wrock Chicago. This uber-concert is planned for August 6th of next year as a part of the Terminus convention. The catch is that the roster will actually be 25 bands strong, with the final band being decided by a contest.
- New hotness: I’ve recently been informed by both Beefy and Ultraklystron that their new releases will be available soon. Ultraklystron states that all that Opensource Lyricist has been recorded and now he simply needs to “finalize the cover art, get the discs printed, get the covers printed and add it to [his] store.” Meanwhile, Beefy teases that Rolling Doubles is “closer and closer to being completed.” I was also afforded a sneak preview of a track from ZeaLouS1’s new disk, and – without giving too much away – I can attest that it’s exactly what I’ve been hoping for from the BOSSFIGHT camp.
- Silent yet supportive: In his continuing mission to help me waste time at work, Church has found a ninja social network. If anyone can find me a pirate social network… well, then I’ll be summarily impressed.
- i wants to die: Church also directed me to LOL Secretz, a blog that spoofs communal art project and laugh-a-minute anonymous confession site Post Secrets. It’s like a meme made love to Taxicab Confessions and this is their cock-eyed offspring.
- Heading for the hills: On a more personal note, the family Z. is heading for the mountains this weekend. As far as the wife and Li’l X. know, we’re simply going on vacation. Truthfully, I’m scouting out the area as a potential relocation point during the ensuing zombie holocaust. Word from Atlanta seems grim. Thankfully, there are teams of diligent individuals helping to spread the word. Shit, even the president, a man with whom I seldom find myself in agreement with, is hip to the jive.